Real Madrid vs Schalke 04 ONLINE LIVE STREAM

Real Madrid vs Schalke 04


SOCCER LIVE



Carlo Ancelotti, Madrid coach
[Karim] Benzema, [Gareth] Bale and Cristiano [Ronaldo] will continue in the starting lineup and in the same positions. I trust them. They have scored less in recent games because the team is not helping the forwards. [After Saturday's 1-0 loss at Athletic Club] I tried to tell my players what I thought. We are making too many passes and our game is not fast enough.

We are going to try to do our best in this competition – the most important one. [Martin] Ødegaard won't be in the starting lineup but he is doing very well. [Sami] Khedira and [Luka] Modrić will be on the list and will get some playing time. Modrić will start on the bench and I will give him 30 minutes in the second half.

We have to play faster to make the most of our forwards' quality. The club president [Florentino Pérez] has called me several times in the last few days. I always feel the support of the club and their confidence in my work. I appreciate that.

©AFP/Getty Images
Roberto Di Matteo speaks to the media
Roberto Di Matteo, Schalke coach
It is going to be difficult for us but we are going to attempt it. Ancelotti is one of the best coaches in the world, very successful. He has worked for very prestigious clubs and won many trophies. I met him when I played for the Italian national team and he was the assistant coach. Real Madrid are a very strong side and it's very difficult to play at their level – we will try our best. We need to be well organised. I hope the media are right and their forwards are having a tough time – it's impossible to stop them altogether.

We will try to start the match with a strong lineup of players who are in good shape. Athletic are a good team at home and they didn't allow Madrid to play in the style they are used to. Tomorrow will be different. Three weeks ago I was asked about the crisis at Madrid – but I don't think there is a crisis. It would be a sensational experience for us to win. If we start scoring, it could get interesting.

Weekend results
Athletic Club 1-0 Real Madrid (Aduriz 26)
Schalke 3-1 TSG 1899 Hoffenheim (Fuchs 12, Meyer 41 53; Volland 73)

Form guide (all competitions)
Madrid: LWWWDL
Schalke: WLLDLW